Friday, September 17, 2010

Plantation Field International HT: Day One by Lee Lee Jones


This is my first blog for the Plantation Field International Horse Trials. My name is Lee Lee Jones, I am sixteen years old and a competing member of PRO. My stepdad and coach is Phillip Dutton. This weekend I am riding my six year old gelding, Model Cadet in the junior prelim. Today Cadet and I completed our dressage test as well as our show jumping. Our test was definitely not our best! He switched leads in the counter canter so we ended up getting a 40, which put us in 4th. Then we had two rails in the show jumping, dropping us down to 7th. I was a bit disappointed coming out of the ring because I knew that both of the rails were my fault. But the show jumping did cause a lot of problems for the other competitors! Overall today went really well! Kristin Bond and Are You Ready are in the lead for the three star on a 49.5. In the two star, Lizzie Snow and Pop Star have the lead with a 45.8. And for the one star, Missy Ransehousen and Fantastik are in the lead on a 40.8. Today, I also walked the XC course and it looks pretty good! There are some tough questions like the water, but it should be a lot of fun. The day wrapped up with a really fun barbecue. The main attraction was Kids Grand Prix Jumping Competition. This picture is of me jumping about 3'6! I'm going to be pretty sore tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment