Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday: A Good Start by Michael Pollard


Friday: a good start

Well, so far so good. I am really pleased with how Will went in the dressage, and I am happy with his placing for now. I believe there are ways to improve my result in the future, but at his current stage I could not expect to have done significantly better than our effort yesterday, a fifty two. This has landed me just in the top third.

Now, I am excited about tomorrow, but also quite nervous. I believe in my ability and that of my horse, but there is always so much that can happen. At the end of the day no matter what happens, each of us will have learned a lot, I am sure!! I have the plan of going straight at all fences, and I am going to try to move along quickly while still leaving a bit of gas in the tank for the last two minutes. There is no point on the course where you can lose concentration without having repercussions, but I am confident if we can put our best foot forward we can be quite competitive. I am making final preparations for tomorrow now, so I need to run, but I appreciate all the friends that have sent well wishes, and I look forward to giving you all good news soon. More to come...

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment